Saint Malachy School serves nearly 210 children, and with the help of our teachers and donors, we see ”small miracles” every day. In 2009, we received full accreditation with the Middle States Commission on Elementary Schools. Consider:
- Our students love to come to school - we have a 95% daily attendance rate.
- Our children are beating the odds as we have implemented educational best-practices over the past two years:
- 91 % of our kindergartners test at grade level or above in reading; 83% test at “high mastery.”
- As a class, the school’s 1st graders test 10% above grade level in reading; 100% of the first graders tested at “high mastery” in math
- 90% of the school’s 2nd graders test at grade level or above in reading
- In 2007, our 6th graders tested in the 40th percentile in math. In 2008, those same students have risen to the 62nd percentile (and that’s compared with all students nationally, including the best private schools). When compared to just Philadelphia public and private school children, they are in the 88th percentile, up from 80th last year.
- The majority of our graduates enroll in independent, parochial, charter or magnet schools including La Salle College High School, Merion Mercy Academy, Roman Catholic High School, Mastery Charter, Central High School and the Charter High School for Architecture and Design.
- We have a volunteer Educational Affairs Committtee, comprised of educational experts, “connectors” to arts enrichment programs, and teachers who are dedicated to our children.
- Saint Malachy School students graduate with strong work ethics and morals. They are ready for successful futures!
Read more about us in our school brochure: saint_malachy_brochurefinal12
For our 2011-12 STUDENT HANDBOOK please click on the following: Saint Malachy Student Handbook
In the event of snow:
“As you well know, inclement weather or other emergencies, have a way of interrupting the school calendar. For the first time in our modern history, the schools in the City of Philadelphia may be on a two hour delay for the start of the school day. This may be necessary throughout the winter months to either cancel school for the day or have a “delayed opening.” If this should occur, parents and guardians are asked to tune in to the local news, visit the Catholic Schools Website www.catholicschools-phl.org.
In the event of a delayed opening, all schools will open at 10:00 AM. Dismissal time will remain the same. The announcement for delayed opening or for Archdiocese Schools to be closed, as in all previous school years, it will come on the TV and radio but we encourage you to remain attentive to KYW and also the www.catholicschools-phl.org website where we will immediately post the announcement for your awareness. The Saint Malachy School website/voicemail will not post snow information.”
- 18 Jun 2013 - 19:00
P.O.W.E.R. Local Organizing Committee
- 18 Jun 2013 - 19:30
Sunday Scripture Sharing
- 20 Jun 2013 - 19:00
Implementation Committees Meeting Night
- 23 Jun 2013 - 12:00
Pastoral Council Discernment Meeting
- 23 Jun 2013 - 11:00
P.O.W.E.R (Philadelphians Organized To Witness, Empower and Rebuild) meet every Third Tuesday of the month at 7:15 PM in the Rectory Dining Room.
Sunday Scripture Sharing: Every Tuesday from 7:30 - 8:30 PM at the library of the Gesu School, 1700 W. Thompson Street, Philadelphia, PA, we will discuss the readings of the coming Sunday with Fr. Neil.
Meet in Rectory Meeting Room
Every Sunday following the 10:00 AM Mass, the Hospitality Committee invites you to share community in the school hall.
All are welcome!